I know what you are thinking. What the ^&*$% is a moodling? I get that question a lot. Click here to learn the whole story.

February 14, 2017

Never clean a stencil again!





It is no secret that I hate cleaning stencils.  Unfortunately I also hate having dried paint on my stencils.

What's a girl to do?  Use my mad problem solving skills to create a 3rd option!

Read on to learn more.








Paper Stencils
To solve my problem I pulled out the Cricut.  Another well known secret is none of us use our electronic die-cut machines as much as we would like to.  Or enough to justify our investment.  So anytime I can find a use for it, I am super excited.

I used the Cricut to design and cut paper stencils.  I ended up making over 50 stencils.  My favorite cartridges were Paper Lace I and II.  But there are many images to choose from.  Some will need to be resized.  I opted to use 8.5x11 white card stock as it is easy to buy it in bulk.  Be sure to save your work for future projects.  I used the Cricut, but you can use any electronic die-cut machine.  (Pssst....I also used embossed paper in lieu of stamps.  So I don't have to clean those either.  Double win!)

Time to pull out the Gelli Plate.  The best part about using paper stencils is that they become artistic elements I can use on future projects.  These are just some of the prints I made.


Video Time
Learn tips for using paper stencils with your Gelli Plate in the video below.



Finished Projects

The background for this tag is one of the embossed papers I used instead of stamps.  


I hope I have inspired you to use you tools in new and unexpected ways.  Next week I will show you how to use the same stencils to create watercolor prints.

Happy Crafting,
Jeri'

4 comments:

  1. COOL! This makes me want to get a Gelli Plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It has been a lot of fun to use. I highly recommend it. My favorite part is the uniqueness of the prints you get. No two are ever the same.

      Delete
  2. I have made a couple of cardstock based stencils. I coated mine with a couple of coats of matte medium so I can use in a journal later. Definitely want to try making some with the cricut. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...coating them is a good idea. I will have to keep that idea for future reference. The stencils are super easy to make with the Cricut.

      Delete